In today’s world, where one needs to deal with stress all the time; at home, work place and even when socializing; leading a healthy and stress free life has become virtually impossible. The fact that there are so many different stress agents around, that at times, it becomes unbearable to absorb such pressure. Whether you are a student, professional, a retired individual or a house wife; you already have so many different things in life to take care of! On top of that, if you have reasons to be stressed, and it sustains for a prolonged period of time; in that case, things can turn out to be really serious! It needs to be mentioned in this context that continuous stress can lead to a more critical situation; anxiety.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is nothing but the way your body responds to stress. It’s basically a feeling of apprehension or fear of uncertainty; or what awaits you. Remember your first interview? Or the first time you gave a public speech? Didn’t you feel butterflies in your stomach? That was out of nervousness. Had it continued for an extended period of time, it would have converted into stress and then; if remained unchecked, it would have gradually escalated to something more deadly; anxiety.
If you are suffering from anxiety disorder, in that case, you need to consult a therapist for anxiety. How would you know that its anxiety that has engulfed you? One very prominent symptom is that you would always carry the fear of uncertainty with you. It would be a continuous and prolonged feeling, which would turn your life into a total mess.
Different Types of Anxiety Disorders
There are seven different types of anxiety disorders. They are as follows:
- Panic Disorder: This is condition, when panic attacks keep on recurring. Someone who is suffering from panic disorder would live with the apprehension of the next attack.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: This is a condition, when you are always under the fear of being judged by others.
- Phobia: It is a condition where you would experience tremendous fear of a particular situation, activity or an object.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Under this condition, irrational thoughts would keep on recurring, which would compel you into certain repeated behaviors.
- Illness Anxiety Disorder: Also known as Hyphocondria, this condition leads to anxiety about health.
- PTSD: PTSD is better known as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Here anxiety occurs as a result of a traumatic situation, which you have experienced.
These are the different type of anxiety disorders which can affect you. Are you feeling stressed due to any number of reasons? Has it been quite a sometime, that you are under stress? If that’s what it is, then you need to consult a therapist for anxiety immediately. Yes, you haven’t yet reached the stage of anxiety, where you would start experiencing the aforementioned conditions; however, if kept unattended, stress can invariably lead to any of these conditions, and even some case more than of them.