Bariatric surgery’s popularity is growing each day with as it is the best treatment option for morbidly obese patients. Bariatric surgery has proved lifechanging for many who were unable to lose weight through other options like-low calorie diet, gyming, exercise, etc. It has been considered as the safest and most effective weight loss treatment, it does have pros and cons that need to be considered before opting for the surgery.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery:
- Patients tend to lose weight rapidly and continue to lose weight up to 20 to 24 months.
- Improvements in health and quality of life are experienced.
- Comparatively few patients have to deal with complications post-surgery.
- Improvements within a period of 3 years are seen in patients with a weight-related medical condition.
- Shorter hospital stay, faster recovery, smaller scars, and less pain are results of the revolutionary laparoscopic approach.
- Disorders that are related to obesity are either improved or cured.
- Pains and aches that are associated with your weight disappear post-surgery.
- A vast improvement in the condition of people with hypertension is seen within 2-3 months of the surgery.
- Bariatric surgery helps to resolve stress incontinence.
Bariatric surgery helps you lose excess body weight and also helps in reducing the risk involved in weight-related health problems, including:
- Heart diseases
- Increased blood pressure.
- Sleep Disorder
- Joint pains
Bariatric surgery also helps in alleviating many other medical conditions that is caused to excess body weight. Bariatric surgery is a best-proven process for people who are struggling for weight loss and have failed to achieve the same.