Are you suffering from anxiety or chronic pain? There is a high chance that you might have heard about CBD oils and other forms of CBD by now. The market is indeed loaded with products that contain this awesome CBD and people are going crazy about them; however, you may have questions like why is it so famous. What is it composed of? Why does it come with legal issues?
CBD has paved its way into several industries, including the medical sector, and has mostly replaced many pharmaceutical medications with its exceptional properties. It is no surprise that many practitioners and scientists worldwide are experimenting and trying to find ways to learn more about the hidden benefits of this derivative. Please read on as this article focuses on the primary uses of this fantastic chemical component and the studies carried to understand the efficacy of CBD.
What is CBD?
CBD is the abbreviation of Cannabidiol which is a derivative of the marijuana plant (Cannabis sativa). There are two varieties in the plant, which are the cannabis plant and the Hemp plant. Consuming this component (CBD) does not cause the stone effect as such misconception prevails all over the place. THC or Delta-9- tetrahydro cannabidiol is another derivative of the marijuana plant, which is the psychoactive element of the plant that causes that stone effect and gives you the sensation of “high”. On the other hand, CBD inhibits various ailments and treats chronic pain.
Common treatments are done using CBD:
- Alleviate pain: medical practitioners majorly and commonly use CBD for alleviating pain and reducing inflammation. The marijuana plant and its derivatives have been used as pain relievers since 2900BC and are found in ancient Chinese text. Hence it is mainly utilized in treating arthritis patients and people suffering from conditions like neuropathic pain.
- Treating epilepsy: Epilepsy is a condition that cannot be cured with the existing medication. CBD helps control the number of seizures that a patient experiences with this epilepsy condition. People with epilepsy experience abnormal sensations, like a brain shock, including loss of consciousness. A study has been conducted with 214 people who had this condition. They were given about 0.9-2.3 grams of CBD. After undergoing the medication, people have experienced a significantly fewer seizure than they would usually experience.
- Skincare ingredient: Acne can be a nightmare for many teens. As CBD has the property of reducing inflammation; it is quite useful to control the acne breakouts in the face. A study carried out using a test tube has found that CBD controls the sebaceous gland from producing excessive sebum, leading to the prevention of acne breakout. Facial oils and creams are manufactured with CBD and essential oils that enhance this fantastic CBD’s absorbing nature to treat acne.
- Substance abuse treatment: Researchers have found that this excellent CBD reacts with our Endocannabinoid System, which controls and regulates functions like mood, sleep, appetite, and immune system response. This is a rare phenomenon and can be used to relieve people from substance addiction.
As the nicotine from the cigarettes favourably reacts with our endocannabinoid system makes the person addicted to this harmful substance. By administering this extraordinary CBD oil, it replaces the connection nicotine had with the endocannabinoid system and helps the person develop the addiction.
- CBD baths: Bath bombs and bath salts are trending in beauty and spa parlours; people enjoy their bath routines using these bath bombs. Bath bombs are a scented and compact mixture of wet and dry bath ingredients like scents and essential oils that quickly dissolves when immersed in water, creating fizz. CBD oils are organically added to those bath bombs to elevate the soothing bath experience.
Conclusion: Hemp-derived CBD products which comprise about 0.3% or less are legal. Food and Drug administration have still not approved CBD products that practitioners do not prescribe. However, the expansion of legal permission has made researchers find various ways to incorporate this excellent CBD into every aspect of our lives. CBD medications have taken medical advancement to the next level across the world.