This diet is based on a recipe for soup without potatoes, including cabbage and other vegetables: tomato, pepper, carrot, celery, garlic, onion. It is presented as an express weight loss diet, allowing you to lose up to 5 pounds in 7 days.
How the scheme works, main principles
It is a short diet that lasts a week. Once the 7 days of restriction have ended, it is advisable to stop for at least 1 to 2 weeks, before if necessary, to resume the diet again for 7 days.
Each meal, breakfast, lunch, dinner and possibly a snack, must start with a bowl of soup. The latter, which it is preferable to cook at home, must not contain any fat. It can be spiced with salt, pepper or other spices, herbs or a cube of broth. It should not be mixed.
The soup can be supplemented with other foods, fruits, vegetables, skimmed milk, etc., which vary daily according to a precise list. In the Cabbage Soup Diet Review now you will need the following information:
What can I eat?
Besides the cabbage soup, you can eat:
- Day 1: fruit;
- Day 2: vegetables cooked without fat;
- Day 3: fruit and vegetables without fat;
- Day 4: bananas (maximum 3 in the day) and skim milk;
- Day 5: cooked beef without fat (or skinless poultry) and tomatoes;
- Day 6: skinless beef or veal or poultry and vegetables, all without fat;
- Day 7: whole rice, fruit juice without added sugars and vegetables without fat.
The recommended drinks are water, coffee or tea without sugar, fruit juices without added sugars (only on day 7).
This scheme is accessible to all scholarships.
Cabbage is not an expensive vegetable. You can prepare an economical soup by favoring seasonal vegetables, which are the least expensive.
The only high-priced foods are beef or veal, which are only scheduled 2 days a week and can be replaced by cheaper poultry.
Effectiveness Of Coaching
Although the number of authorized foods is limited, the diet does not lead to fatigue since it only lasts one week.
It is not necessary to weigh the food, which limits the constraints
- Since there is no limit to the amount of soup, there is no reason to be hungry. Several observational studies, conducted in France, the United States and Japan, show that regular consumers of soup are thinner than non-consumers or occasional consumers 1,2 and 3. Researchers specializing in eating behavior have demonstrated through work with volunteers that the energy intake of a meal starting with soup is less than that of a meal without soup. Energy intake can even be reduced at the next meal 4,5,6. Thanks to its richness in water and fiber, the soup improves both satiation (feeling of having a full stomach, which helps to eat less of the other foods making up the meal) and satiety (absence of hunger until at the next meal) 4,5,6 .
The cabbage soup diet can cause digestive disorders: bloating, gas, acceleration of transit. Focusing on vegetables, it is indeed rich in fiber: about 35 g per day, while the nutritional value reference or average recommended intake is only 30 g. Cabbage also contains some “fodmaps” (fermentable oligoaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols), indigestible sugars that can be fermented in the colon.The diet is not recommended for people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome 7.